The Initial studies on the project of the “Holy Defense Garden-Museum and Promotion of Resistance Culture” were started in December 2004 and the initial design was reviewed at various meetings and was adopted at the beginning of 2006. Then the design of the museum was put into the competition and 250 teams participated in this competition and among which, 42 works were delivered to the secretariat. Selected designs awards were given during a special ceremony attended by the mayor of Tehran, the head of the Islamic Council of Tehran and the head of the Foundation for the Preservation of Works and Broadcasting the Values of Holy Defense. This museum was officially opened in September 2012 with the presence of the head of the Parliament, mayor of Tehran, members of the Islamic Council of Tehran City, and civil and military officials. In the end of 1395, with changes in the structure and objectives of the museum, this complex was renamed the “Islamic Revolution & Holy Defense Museum”.